2020 Solo and Group Exhibition Proposals
Call Deadline: July 15, 2019 (5pm)
Notification of Acceptance: by September 2, 2019 (5pm)
Registration Fee: 20.00
Only online entries will be reviewed
The Exhibitions Committee is in the process of organizing solo and group exhibitions for 2020. This is a very competitive program as RAL can only accept a limited number of proposals each year. Artworks in any media will be reviewed. The RAL is situated in the town of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, a highly traveled area not only by the residents of this and the expanding surrounding communities, but also by art patrons from the Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York metropolitan areas. Over 29,000 people participate in Rehoboth Art League programs annually. Special exhibitions have played an important part of our programming since the league’s beginning, in 1938. The RAL campus houses the Corkran,Tubbs, Ventures, and Homestead galleries.
Contact: Jay Pastore, Artistic Director
- Open to all artists (both members and non-members of the league)
- Artists receive a commission payment of sixty-five percent (65%) of the sales price for works sold during an exhibition. Checks are mailed to the artists no later than the end of the second week of the month following a sale.
- Following the exhibition: Artists must pay the Rehoboth Art League a commission payment of thirty percent (35%) of the sales price for any work sold to a buyer who was first introduced to it while on display during this exhibition.
Registration Requirements (General)
- Each artist must submit (5) works for review, representative of the type that will be in the proposed exhibition
- Artist Statement pertaining to the proposed exhibition
- A summary CV/Bio
- For Duo or Group applications: Before registering, contact Jay Pastore, Artistic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Requirements (General)
- Only online entries will be reviewed
- Non-photographic works must be produced no earlier then 2017
- Photographic works must have been originally shot no earlier than 2017
- Works must be available to be on display throughout the entire length of this exhibition
- Works must have never been displayed at the Rehoboth Art League gallery
- The Artistic Director must approve any NFS (not for sale) works
Online Submission Image Requirements
- Submission images must be less than 4MB (each)* and have a minimum dimension length of 1960px**
- * For image files over 4MB: Check out this instructional video that reviews how to resize an image file using both Mac and Windows operating systems. If after watching this video you are still unable to resize your file, attach the file(s) to an email directed to the Artistic Director with a request to resize it/them. Once resized, the files will be returned by email.
- **Don't panic If you are unfamiliar with how to determine the pixel dimensions of a file. ArtCall is designed to adjust over 95% of all submissions to the proper specifications required for the committee. Continue to enter your submission(s) by following the step-by-step instructions provided by ArtCall. Art league staff review submissions as they come in and will contact you if there is are any problems. If you desire, following the completion of your submission(s), contact Jay Pastore and he will review your submission(s) and notify you of his findings.
- If you have never registered to an RAL juried exhibition: Click the "Register" button located in the upper right corner of this page.
- If you have entered a Rehoboth Art League Call for Entry within the past three years using this program: Click the "Login" button and enter your email and password.
If you forgot your password click "Forgot Password" to reset.
- Following Login: You will be asked to provide your personal contact information and to pay the registration fee of $20.00 by credit card. If you would like to pay by check, contact Jay Pastore.
- Once your registration is completed you will be directed to enter your submissions. Note: You are not required to enter any or all of your submissions and/or their attributes at this time.
- Following registration: “Login” to this call at any time prior to the Call Deadline to enter and/or edit your submissions. This includes the ability to both deleting a previously entered submission and replacing it with another.
- *NOTE: Based upon the security settings of your computer or server and/or those set by your internet carrier, emails from ArtCall (artcall.org) may be filtered into you SPAM or JUNK folders. Contact the Artistic Director if You do not receive an email confirming your registration shortly following its completion.
- Unless the Artistic Director is otherwise notified at the time of submission, the Artist gives permission to the Rehoboth Art League to use any submission image selected by the juror to be included into the exhibition, on its website, social media posts, internal brochures and the press for promotional purposes only. The Rehoboth Art League recognizes that the Artist maintains copyright of their images and agrees to clearly post an image credit, noting the Artist name and title of the work.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of works to and from the art league, including any shipping costs.
- If selected, artists are expected to be present at the time of the opening of their exhibition.
- Although not guaranteed, the league can usually provide housing for artists during the opening weekend of an exhibition.
By registering and submitting works into this call for entry, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS APPLICATION TO REGISTER.
Image credit: Andy Gordon, Fall Maple Leaf #1, 2017, archival pigment print, 20"x26"